Pages

Saturday 13 April 2013

'True Scale' Terrain

So yesterday I went to a wedding 'down south'. Today I went for a short walk not far from the hotel and discovered there was a castle behind the hotel (this isn't a joke, this is actually what happened).


I decided to take some pictures and post them up. Just because.


As black and white is far more arty I went for that.
































ok, this one is in colour. But only becasue it would look stupid if it wasn't.
For those interested the castle is Goodrich Castle. It is a Normal castle that lasted till the Civil War were the Royalist defenders were besieged by the Parliamentarians. The Royalists were eventually defeated after the Parliament forces employed the largest mortar of the war named 'Roaring Meg' (which is now on show inside the castle which you can see in one of the pictures above).

4 comments:

  1. Very nice images. You have a good eye sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice composition!

    "Shut up, Meg."
    Peter Griffon - Family Guy & most likely, a Royalist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow man, that castle s damn cool! And mostly intact which is insane! So, any inspiration garnered from that impromptu walk then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers for the comments.

    Zab - funnily enough that was what came to my mind when I first saw it as well.

    Deadspace1 - not really tbh, I did always want to built a castle when I did Warhammer Fantasy though.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.